What is Electronic point of sale system (EPoS)
EPoS stands for Electronic Point of Sale. An EPoS system is a computerised system used to perform a number of sales tasks quickly and efficiently, saving time and eliminating human error.
EPoS systems include both hardware and software. Hardware usually consists of a touch screen or PC terminal. Multiple screens can be linked from various locations. Additional peripherals can be added to further enhance your EPoS system, these include:
- Barcode Scanners
- Kitchen Printers
- Cash drawers
- PDQ terminals
- Thermal receipt printers
- Customer displays
- Weighing Scales
- Hand held ordering devices
These additional hardware components can be added depending on individual requirements and software capabilities.
EPoS software is designed to perform a multitude of tasks on a user friendly platform. There are many software packages available and these can be tailor made to meet your needs. You must always ensure that your software is compatible with your hardware.
The main benefits of an EPoS system are:
- Speed up ordering process and sales transactions
- Eliminate human error
- Monitor staff
- Take detailed reports
- Simple to add products or change prices
- Automatic reordering and simple stock taking using back office software
- Customer loyalty
- Hand held ordering
- Can store customer database for easy recognition and reordering
- Kitchen printers can be added, this means that any order is printed directly to the kitchen
- Bar code scanners can be added for quick identification of products
- Integration with credit card terminal
- Integration with website
- Link multiple machines in various locations
- Memory capacity for 1000’s of products, set menus and special offers
If you are looking for an EPoS system for your business then please get in touch. All our EPoS systems are tailor made to your specifications so please contact us so we can discuss your requirements in detail and send you a personalised quotation.